Our Pad sits in the inner city suburb of Nundah, 8 kms north from the wonderful Brisvegas.
We purchased our pad in July 2010 after many months of searching endless open homes around the area – some 68 visits in the end. To be honest, we had a very, very strict ‘must-have’ list which was proving to be difficult to satisfy:
- Min 600sqm block – majority flat and useable land
- House was ready to go and didn’t require significant work to be livable
- Green options were already installed ie water tanks, solar
- Walking distance to shopping, public transport, major amenties etc
- Although in a high density suburb, the block should provide adequate privacy
- Suburb or surrounding area has sound capital growth options
Found. In the end, there was nothing our lil’ homestead didn’t satisfy.